PDF Proofing — Will my job match what I see on my monitor?
- Most people are surprised at how well their job matches what they see. But because of wide differences in monitor calibration and the different technologies used, some printed colors may not exactly match the colors on your specific monitor. A PDF proof allows you to proof your job for content and get a pretty good interpretation of the color involved. Upon your acceptance of a PDF proof, we will run your job to a pleasing color standard.
How do I upload files to your SFTP site?
How to Register
- To obtain your own folder, user name and access privileges, contact your representative. Requests made between 9am-3pm Monday-Friday are fulfilled the same day. You will receive an email confirming your user name and password. Secure folders and Registered User access are for the customers and employees of Brenneman Printing, Inc. As a registered user, you will have access to your own personal folder which is secure from other users. When uploading a file, please notify your representative so he/she may activate your order/request. All files are deleted after one month.
Accessing Our SFTP Site
- The preferred method of accessing an SFTP site is with an FTP application that supports SFTP.
- Detailed login instructions will be emailed to you during your initial account setup.
- Simply enter the user name and password that you were given within the program's initial connection window.
- The host is ftp.brenprint.com.
- An indication to use SFTP must be selected and the usage of port 22.
- Please change the preferences to "passive mode transfers" if transfer errors occur.
Recommended FTP Application
Most current FTP applications support SFTP. Please visit your FTP application's support section to verify SFTP support. You may have to upgrade to the latest version to obtain SFTP functionality.
Some of the most popular FTP applications are listed below. Make sure to use their latest version to ensure the latest security and SFTP updates.
Accessing SFTP Site Using a Web Browser
- Web browsers such as Internet Explorer or Firefox (any web browser) are no longer supported.
Preparing Files for Transfer
- To help ensure a successful transfer, we recommend compressing your file(s) using a program such as StuffIt© (Mac) or WinZip© (Windows). Compressed files are smaller, making transfers a bit faster and helping reduce the chance of files becoming corrupted during transfer. Please name your files using standard naming conventions with a minimal number of characters, no spaces or symbols, and a true three-digit suffix denoting the file type (for example, brochure.zip).
Transferring Your File
- Most newer programs (Mac or Windows) support "drag and drop." Upon login, your folder should be at the top of the directory. Drag your compressed file onto the window. When the progress bar is complete, you are done and may quit out of the program.
What file formats do you accept?
Please review our complete software list in the Desktop Support section.
Microsoft Word/Publisher Files are accepted but may incur an additional charge, as they are not page layout programs and typically require additional prep work to make them print-ready.
How long do you archive digital files?
- Files are generally kept for a period of five (5) years. Some items that are reused on a recurring basis, including logos, mastheads, special art, signatures, etc., are kept indefinitely in a Repository File at the request of our clients.